Toyota Corolla: Cleaning fuel injection system
- Toyota Corolla
- Toyota Corolla 2000
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota Corolla Reviews
- Toyota Sedan Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by Jim Smith
WHEN I last had my 70,000km 2000 Toyota Corolla serviced the dealer urged me to have a fuel-injector service. He told me it would be 10 treatments of Wynn's Injector Clean at about $80 each. I can't find anything in the service manual about this. Is it really necessary?
Answered by CarsGuide10 Mar 2006
DEPOSITS do build up on injectors in time, making the engine run rough and causing loss of power. Some dealers recommend cleaning them as a precaution, but I would be reluctant unless the engine is running poorly. The cost you have been quoted is far too high. An injector-cleaning specialist would typically charge about $100.
Other Toyota Corolla problems
- How do you connect Bluetooth in a Toyota Corolla?
- Does the Toyota Corolla have Apple CarPlay & Android Auto?
- Is the 2021 Toyota Corolla air conditioning system reliable?
- What is the weight carrying capacity of the roof of a 2020 Toyota Corolla?
- What car should I buy to replace my 2006 Toyota Corolla?
- Do the Toyota Corolla hybrid tyre repair kits actually work?
- How to replace the key battery for a 2012 Toyota Corolla?
- Does the 2012 Toyota Corolla have a timing chain or timing belt?