Bigger is better
Asked by Michael Shirkey
I'M THINKING of buying a mid-'90s Nissan Patrol Gwith a diesel engine, but I'm not sure which is better, the 4.2-litre non-turbo or 2.8-litre turbo. It will be used as a people mover around town with the odd camping trip away.
Answered by CarsGuide8 Jun 2006
THE 4.2-litre would be my suggestion. According to Nissan specialist Jerry Newman, the only criticism is a lack of performance, but they give good fuel economy and are ultra-reliable.
Other Nissan Patrol problems
- Nissan Patrol 2006: Is it worth buying?
- Nissan Patrol 2006: How much is it worth?
- Nissan Patrol: Resale value
- What is the best tow vehicle to buy?
- Nissan Patrol 2004: Losing power