Best SUVs for freeway driving and occasional towing?
- Nissan X-Trail
- Toyota RAV4
- Ford Territory
- Honda CR-V
- Ford Territory 2011
- Toyota RAV4 2012
- Toyota RAV4 2011
- Ford Territory 2012
- Honda CR-V 2012
- Toyota RAV4 2013
- Ford Territory 2013
- Honda CR-V 2013
- Honda CR-V 2011
- Nissan X-Trail 2011
- Nissan X-Trail 2012
- Nissan X-Trail 2013
- Ford Advice
- Honda Advice
- Nissan Advice
- Toyota Advice
- Nissan X-Trail Reviews
- Toyota RAV4 Reviews
- Ford Territory Reviews
- Honda CR-V Reviews
- Ford SUV Range
- Honda SUV Range
- Nissan SUV Range
- Toyota SUV Range
- Family Cars
Asked by Wes
I'm looking at selling/trading a current Mazda 3 and upgrading to a bigger SUV model. I'm looking at the 2011-2013 Ford Territory diesel. It needs to have good fuel economy, be a smooth freeway driver, and be able to do occasional towing with a 500 kg camper trailer for holidays. My budget is $20,000-$22,000. Is the Territory a good option, or are there better SUV's that suit these circumstances?
Answered by CarsGuide23 Sep 2016
There are lots of SUVs to choose from, it's a very crowded market, which works in the favour of the buyer. The Territory of the vintage you are considering is a decent car, the diesel is economical and it would tow up to 2700 kg. Also consider the Toyota RAV4, Nissan X-Trail, Honda CR-V.
Other Ford Territory problems
- Why won't my 2005 Ford Territory transmission move forward or reverse?
- Ford Territory Bluetooth: How to Use Bluetooth in a Ford Territory?
- Why is the transmission in my 2016 Ford Territory intermittently down-shifting?
- Does the 2008 Ford Territory RWD have electric steering?
- Why won't my Ford Territory go into reverse when cold?
- How do I activate the alarm system in my 2012 Ford Territory?
- The software in my 2015 Ford Territory is not working.
- Should we replace our Holden Commodore with a Subaru Outback?
Most viewed in Advice
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
- Cars that start with I
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Ford
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Top five electric SUVs in Australia
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Cars that start with I
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?