Best reliable used hatchback on a budget?
- Hyundai i30
- Mitsubishi Lancer
- Hyundai i20
- Hyundai I20 2010
- Hyundai I30 2010
- Mitsubishi Lancer 2010
- Hyundai Advice
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Hyundai i30 Reviews
- Mitsubishi Lancer Reviews
- Hyundai i20 Reviews
- Hyundai Hatchback Range
- Hyundai Sedan Range
- Hyundai Wagon Range
- Mitsubishi Hatchback Range
- Mitsubishi Sedan Range
- Mitsubishi Wagon Range
- Budget cars
- Buying tips
Asked by Grace Moore
I'm looking to buy a used car, no more than about $9000 and no older than 2010. Which is better; a Hyundai i20 or i30, or a Mitsubishi Lancer? I don't want to have any problems with parts and engine faults etc.
Answered by CarsGuide2 Jun 2017
The Hyundai i20 and i30 are both fine car, so too is the Lancer, of the three the i30 is the better. You should be able to find a 2010 model with your budget. You won't have any problems with getting parts if you need them, and they are quite reliable, so you shouldn't have any trouble with them in short to medium-term.
Other Hyundai i20 problems
- Hyundai i35 - Did this model ever exist?
- Hyundai i20: Key fob replacement
- Hyundai i20 or i30: Which better secondhand buy?
- Best first small car under $13k
- i20 condensation in glovebox
- i20 aircon dripping
- Suitable sunscreen for i20
- Best second-hand hatchbacks?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Hyundai
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers