Au falcon or explorer?
- Ford Falcon
- Ford Explorer
- Ford Advice
- Ford Falcon Reviews
- Ford Explorer Reviews
- Ford Sedan Range
- Ford SUV Range
- Family Cars
Asked by Bill Johnstone
Could you give me some info on the AU Falcon? I've heard different reports that it isn't a very good model. Also on the Ford Explorer XLT. I'm looking to trade in my EB because it's getting up in mileage.
Answered by CarsGuide20 Feb 2004
The AU copped plenty of flak for the way it looked, but it wasn't a bad car. There is no reason to believe it is any better or worse than any other recent Falcon. The mechanical package is the same, so I wouldn't dismiss it on that basis. Looks are a different thing, and the value of AU series cars is way, way down on other similar cars. That's an advantage if you're buying, but a disadvantage if you're selling. It's hard to give you any advice about the Explorer without knowing what you intend to do with it. If you want a heavy-duty four-wheel-drive for some serious off-roading, then I would look to the big Japanese models, but if you want it for around-town use, I would go for one of the compact wagons on offer.
Other Ford Falcon problems
- What is causing my 2001 Ford AU Falcon ute to miss?
- Ford Falcon 2003: Leaking coolant and replacing remote locking
- Ford Falcon 2002: Why does the engine keep cutting out?
- Ford Falcon: Can I use premium unleaded fuel?
- Ford Falcon 2010: Is semi-synthetic oil appropriate for my car?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Is it illegal to drive with the interior...
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Ford
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
Is it illegal to drive with the interior lights on?
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
12 best EVs available in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia