Will the plug-in hybrid Toyota RAV4 become available in Australia?
- Toyota RAV4
- Toyota RAV4 2021
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota RAV4 Reviews
- Toyota SUV Range
- Hybrid cars
- Plug-in hybrid
- Green Cars
Asked by Matt
Answered by CarsGuide2 Jun 2021
Toyota Australia is on record as saying that the business case for the plug-in hybrid version of the RAV4 doesn’t stack up in Australia. And while we never say never, it doesn’t look like that model will arrive here any time soon. Instead, Toyota has expressed plans to sell the all-electric bZ4X cross-over which is RAV 4-sized here, following its Japanese launch which is slated for mid next year. That means the bZ4X could be in local showrooms by the end of next year, but it will only be as a purely electric vehicle and not a plug-in hybrid (or a hybrid of any sort).
But it would be worth taking a RAV 4 Hybrid for a test drive as this car is selling up a storm and for good reason. It’s a terrific vehicle and seems right on point as far as its target market goes. The fact that it’s only moderately more expensive than a conventionally powered RAV 4 is just icing on the cake.
Other Toyota RAV4 problems
- What is the longevity of diesel-powered SUV and Passenger vehicles in Australia?
- Why isn't the stop-start engine function working in on my 2021 Toyota RAV4?
- What is the best small-medium SUV to buy used for under $15k
- Is a 4WD necessary for travelling through regional Queensland?
- Can the hybrid Toyota RAV4 support a 70kg roof top tent?
- What wagon should I buy for less than $35000?
- What is the recommended height and weight of a driver for a 2010 Toyota RAV4?
- Should I buy a Toyota RAV4 or a Honda CR-V?
Most viewed in Advice
- Cars that start with E
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- Cars that start with G
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Cars that start with N
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Toyota
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Cars that start with E
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
Cars that start with G
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Cars that start with N