Why does my 2011 Toyota Kluger turn off when I turn sharp corners?
- Toyota Kluger
- Toyota Kluger 2011
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota Kluger Reviews
- Toyota Ute Range
- Toyota SUV Range
Asked by Shane
When I turn sharp corners my 2011 Toyota Kluger turns off. Is it possible there are wires or a loose plug caught up in the steering somewhere?
Answered by CarsGuide17 Jun 2021
It could very well be that there’s something amiss in the car’s ignition barrel (which lives on the steering column, remember) or its wiring and connectors that is causing the power to the ignition to be cut when you turn the wheel. The problem could also be a short-circuit somewhere in the wiring in the column (and there’s plenty of it) that is causing the problem. Either way, you need to get it fixed immediately, as having a car cut out when you least expect it is can lead to all sorts of extremely dangerous situations.
Another possibility is that there’s something wrong with the car’s power steering system which is overloading at the point you turn the wheel hard and causing the engine to stall. Again, it needs to be fixed now and I wouldn’t be driving the car anywhere other than to a workshop for diagnosis.
Other Toyota Kluger problems
- What is the longevity of diesel-powered SUV and Passenger vehicles in Australia?
- My 2017 Toyota Kluger is just out of warranty and needs a new water pump, should Toyota cover the cost?
- Why did my 2018 Toyota Kluger jump from drive into neutral?
- Which Toyota Kluger models have a GPS?
- Will an engine replacement change the value of my Toyota Kluger 2019?
- Why does my 2019 Toyota Kluger use so much oil?
- Does the 2004 Toyota Kluger Grande have a timing chain or belt?
- What mid-size SUV has the power to tow a small caravan?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Cars that start with G
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Cars that start with E
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Toyota
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Cars that start with G
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Cars that start with E
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?