When should I replace my Civic's brake pads and rotors?
Asked by Ashley and Toni
Our Honda Civic has done 42,000 km, but at the last service by our Honda dealer we were in formed that the brake pads and rotors needed replacing at a cost of $1000. When we complained that this cost would re-occur every two years or so they said this was standard. We are not happy customers.
Answered by CarsGuide5 Feb 2016
42,000 km isn't many kilometres, but it isn't unusual for a car to need pads and rotors at that sort of mileage. It's worth doing your research on things like the brake life you could expect to get on a car before you buy it. That way you won't be in for a nasty shock later on.
Other Honda Civic problems
- Honda Civic 2002: Why does it only drive without the petrol cap on?
- Honda Civic 2018: Does this car have Satellite Navigation?
- What sedan is the best value?
- Honda Civic: Key fob replacement
- Honda Civic 1992: Key not turning