What car should I buy that is reliable and safe?
- Mazda 3
- Hyundai i30
- Toyota Corolla
- Kia Rio
- Hyundai I30 2009
- Mazda 3 2009
- Toyota Corolla 2009
- Kia Rio 2009
- Hyundai Advice
- Kia Advice
- Mazda Advice
- Toyota Advice
- Mazda 3 Reviews
- Hyundai i30 Reviews
- Toyota Corolla Reviews
- Kia Rio Reviews
- Hyundai Hatchback Range
- Kia Hatchback Range
- Mazda Hatchback Range
- Toyota Hatchback Range
- Small Cars
- Buyers Guide
Asked by Karen
I'm looking for a small used car for two kids and myself. I want auto, fuel efficiency with as many bells and whistles as I can afford. Ideally it should be $7000 or under. Really not too worried about make or model, just something that will be reliable and safe.
Answered by CarsGuide12 Jul 2019
You’ve got a limited budget, which will determine the car you can buy. It will be a relatively old car, so buy one in the best condition you can find, with the lowest odometer reading, a good service history, and the best safety rating. Try a Mazda3, Toyota Corolla, Kia Rio, and Hyundai i30 from 2008/2009.
Other Mazda 3 problems
- Mazda 4 - A bigger hatchback than the 3?
- Mazda MX3 - What ever happened to the Eunos 30X?
- Mazda 9 - Will we ever see a successor to the 929?
- Which is better: 2014 Mazda 3 Astina or 2016 Mazda 3 SP25?
- What is the best small car for under $30000?
- Why does the tyre pressure light keep coming on in my 2019 Mazda 3?
- Mazda 3 2007-2018: What size boot to the sedan and hatch have?
- 2012 Mazda 3: Power-steering cutting out
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Good first cars: 10 Best first cars for...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mazda
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Good first cars: 10 Best first cars for Australian drivers
12 best EVs available in Australia