Mitsubishi Triton 2012: Suction control valve
- Mitsubishi Triton
- Mitsubishi Triton 2012
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Mitsubishi Triton Reviews
- Mitsubishi Commercial Range
- Mitsubishi Ute Range
Asked by Chantell Gliddon
My 2012 Mitsubishi Triton GLX was a great car until March last year when the troubles started, and it has been in and out of the Mitsubishi mechanics since then. Some of the problems it has had are with the suction control valve and fuel rail, and a new motor had to be installed at 61,000 km. There have also been many more problems. Luckily it was all under warranty, but sadly that is going to be ending 2018. As I write this it is back at the mechanic's once again for the control valve, which happened when I was doing 110,000 km on the highway and the warning light went on and the car died. Is this normal? What options do I have?
Answered by CarsGuide11 Aug 2017
If the suction control valve is worn or there is contamination present the fuel pressure will be affected and so will the drivability as a consequence. The car will sometimes go into limp home mode when this happens. It is a relatively common complaint on common-rail diesels, and the only thing to do is to replace the valve.
Other Mitsubishi Triton problems
- What 4WD should I buy for towing?
- What is the towing capacity of the Mitsubishi Triton?
- Why does the speedo in my 2004 Mitsubishi Triton bounce up and down and make a weird noise?
- What can I do about the red paint on my 2016 Mitsubishi Triton fading?
- Are there known problems with 2015 Mitsubishi Triton's intercooler pipes/hoses?
- What is causing my Mitsubishi Triton GLX auto to shudder?
- Mitsubishi Triton 2000: Problems putting it in reverse
- Mitsubishi Triton 2016 or Isuzu D-Max 2015: Which one should I buy?
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Cars that start with E
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mitsubishi
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best small cars under $20,000
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Cars that start with E
Who invented the first car and when was it made?