Subaru Liberty GT fuel additive
- Subaru Liberty
- Subaru Liberty 2007
- Subaru Advice
- Subaru Liberty Reviews
- Subaru Sedan Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by Darrel Cummings
My 2007 Subaru Liberty GT sedan is now out of warranty, but on each occasion I had it serviced while it was under warranty the Subaru dealer sold me two containers of fuel additive; one for immediate use with a full tank of fuel; the other for use three months later. After my last service I asked the Service Manager what was special about the additive and whether it was different from any other product that might be bought at any auto parts outlet. He did not really answer my questions. I am still uncertain of the necessity to use the additive. Now it is out of warranty, I intend to have the car serviced by my “regular” mechanic, who isn't supportive of fuel additives, but I would like to know if you are aware of any need to continue to use a petrol additive of any sort in my car.
Answered by CarsGuide23 Aug 2013
You don't say what the fuel additives were. They could have been so-called fuel system cleaners or perhaps, given that your car is turbocharged GT they could have been octane boosters. If you detect any pinging you could try an octane booster, but otherwise I would go along with your mechanic.
Other Subaru Liberty problems
- Factory vs. Aftermarket: which oil is better?
- Is it worth replacing the engine on a '09 Subaru Liberty?
- Welding marks at rear axels and wheel suspensions on 2016 Liberty
- Best car for a sales rep?
- Best replacement for a Liberty Wagon?
- Solutions for Subaru Liberty road noise?
- Is Subaru obliged to fix this oil issue?
- Best sporty car for around $10,000
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Fuel efficiency explained
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Subaru
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
12 best EVs available in Australia
Fuel efficiency explained