Nissan Qashqai 2014: Coolant problems
- Nissan Qashqai
- Nissan Qashqai 2014
- Nissan Advice
- Nissan Qashqai Reviews
- Nissan SUV Range
- Car Servicing
- Family Cars
Asked by Sean
Recently my 2014 Nissan Qashqai overheated and after taking it to Nissan I was informed that it would cost me $300 to top it up with coolant. I'm not happy with their explanation in the shop. That coolant just disappears over time and I'm reluctant to spend that much money without a proper cause so we decided that the car should be pressure tested. This has resulted in finding that the following from Nissan: The heater core has failed and needs to be replaced. The dash assembly, centre console, kick trims and pillar trims will all need to be removed to access the core. The coolant will be drained and the air conditioning will be degassed as the A/C evaporator is in with the heater core. My warranty expired at the end of 2017, but Nissan has offered to pay 50 percent for the repair, parts and labour as a good will gesture. The offer is valid until the end of March. 50 percent of the cost will be around $700. Do you think this is reasonable or should I push further? In my opinion a heater core should last longer. The date I drove the car out was March. Because it was a demo model they took the warranty from the first rego.
Answered by CarsGuide8 Mar 2019
It’s a pretty standard offer, and while I agree that the heater core should last longer your car is five years old, it’s out of the factory warranty period. I would take the offer and move on.
Other Nissan Qashqai problems
- My Nissan Qashqai has been serviced but a systems warning fault is still coming up on my screen.
- Why does my 2014 Nissan Qashqai shake when climbing an incline?
- How do I replace the blinker globe on my 2018 Nissan Qashqai?
- How do you update the maps in the 2020 Nissan Qashqai Ti?
- Nissan Qashqai 2018: Why are certain functions randomly shutting down?
- Nissan Qashqai: Why don't the windows work?
- Toyota Aurion: What car is more comfortable?
- Nissan Qashqai 2015: Should I buy a petrol or diesel?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
- How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in...
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Nissan
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
12 best EVs available in Australia
Cheapest electric car in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Top five electric SUVs in Australia
How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in Australia?
Who invented the first car and when was it made?