Why does my 2014 Nissan Qashqai shake when climbing an incline?
Asked by Kingdom
My 2014 Nissan Qashqai is shaking when climbing a mountain. It does it more when changing gears.
Answered by CarsGuide16 Sep 2020
It sounds as though the vibration you’re experiencing is coming from the driveline. Perhaps it’s the engine but more likely it’s something in the transmission since the problem is worse when the car changes gear. That the problem occurs when climbing a grade suggests that it’s related to the engine being under load at which point the whole driveline – gearbox and driveshafts – are also loaded up.
It could be something within the transmission itself, a bent driveshaft or even something relatively simple like a worn CV joint. Carefully, and when it’s safe to do so, find a big, open area like a deserted car-park, turn the steering wheel all the way to the left and drive slowly in a tight circle. Now do the same on full right-hand lock. Can you hear any clinking or clunking noises? If you can, you have worn CV joints. If not, you need to dig deeper into the cause and that will require getting the car on a hoist and inspecting the driveline.
Other Nissan Qashqai problems
- My Nissan Qashqai has been serviced but a systems warning fault is still coming up on my screen.
- How do I replace the blinker globe on my 2018 Nissan Qashqai?
- How do you update the maps in the 2020 Nissan Qashqai Ti?
- Nissan Qashqai 2018: Why are certain functions randomly shutting down?
- Nissan Qashqai: Why don't the windows work?
- Nissan Qashqai 2014: Coolant problems
- Toyota Aurion: What car is more comfortable?
- Nissan Qashqai 2015: Should I buy a petrol or diesel?
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- Everything you need to know about hybrid...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Nissan
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
Everything you need to know about hybrid vehicle tax credits and incentives in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Who invented the first car and when was it made?