Mitsubishi Lancer 2015: Why is it lacking power?
- Mitsubishi Lancer
- Mitsubishi Lancer 2015
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Mitsubishi Lancer Reviews
- Mitsubishi Sedan Range
- Family Cars
Asked by Dave
I have a 2015 Mitsubishi Lancer ES Sport sedan with a CVT auto. It’s our family runabout and it has done just over 45,000 km. Ever since its first service I’ve noticed it’s distinct lack of grunt; at the 15,000 km service I told the dealership it seemed sluggish and didn’t have it’s usual grunt thinking it might be a dirty air filter or worn sparkplugs, they looked at it and surprise nothing wrong. It has lost more power since then, and I’ve told the dealership at each service since that it’s really lacking power and it sounds as if it’s sucking dirty air and has lost a lot of power. I know it’s a stock standard Lancer, but it seems to be losing power every time I get it serviced. Any ideas on what do, or what the issue could be?
Answered by CarsGuide16 Mar 2018
All you have is your gut feeling; you need to have something more concrete than that if you hope to make any progress with the dealer. They clearly haven’t been able to find anything wrong with it when they have checked it. I would start by checking the fuel consumption. Measure it; if it’s substantially higher than it should be (7.2 L/100 km average, 5.7 L/100 km country, 9.8 K/100 km city) then that tells you there is something wrong. Then I would find a flat section of road where you could safely measure your car’s 0-100 km acceleration time, which should be around 9.5 seconds. If it takes significantly longer than that it’s also an indicator that something is amiss. With that info you can decide for yourself if there is a problem or not, and if the numbers suggest there is you have something to show the dealer.
Other Mitsubishi Lancer problems
- Why is my 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer jumping out of gear?
- How do you access the plenum chamber drain in a 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer?
- Does my 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer sedan run a timing belt or a timing chain?
- What can I do about the metallic red paint on my 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer peeling?
- Should the thermatic fan run constantly in a 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer?
- What is included on the 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer InStyle?
- Mitsubishi Lancer 2010: Are there any known problems?
- Mitsubishi Lancer 2017: At what impact should airbags deploy?
Most viewed in Advice
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- The best used SUVs in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mitsubishi
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Top five electric SUVs in Australia
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
The best used SUVs in Australia