Mazda MX-5, Toyota 86 or Mustang for long-time V8 driver?
- Toyota 86
- Ford Mustang
- Holden Commodore
- Mazda MX-5
- Holden Commodore 2016
- Ford Mustang 2016
- Mazda MX-5 2016
- Toyota 86 2016
- Ford Advice
- Holden Advice
- Mazda Advice
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota 86 Reviews
- Ford Mustang Reviews
- Holden Commodore Reviews
- Mazda MX-5 Reviews
- Ford Convertible Range
- Ford Coupe Range
- Ford Sedan Range
- Holden Convertible Range
- Holden Coupe Range
- Holden Sedan Range
- Mazda Convertible Range
- Mazda Coupe Range
- Mazda Sedan Range
- Toyota Convertible Range
- Toyota Coupe Range
- Toyota Sedan Range
- Buying tips
Asked by Brian Maher
I am a long time Holden and HSV V8 driver, and I'm considering the SS-V, but I'm also thinking of a change to something different, like a Mazda MX5, Toyota 86 or the 4-cylinder Mustang? What would you recommend of those or other like models to consider?
Answered by CarsGuide5 Feb 2016
Wow, that is a major change of direction. Before you make such a change I would suggest you actually test drive each of the cars you're thinking of to see if they really suit you. The Mazda MX-5 is a two-seater and not very practical for instance. It's hard to advise you because we don't anything about what you want from the car you buy. If it was me I would probably buy the MX-5, I would have no problem with a two-seater.
Other Ford Mustang problems
- Is the 2018 V8 Mustang worth the money?
- Should I buy a demo car?
- When will the 2018 Mustang arrive in Australia?
- Is the 2017 Mustang V8 safe enough to buy?
- Will a twin-turbo Mustang come to Australia?
- Car bra or clear plastic covering, which is better?
- Mustang, 370Z, IS350F, 86 or MX-5?
- Is Ford looking to increase Mustang production volume?
Most viewed in Advice
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Good first cars: 10 Best first cars for...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Ford
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Top five electric SUVs in Australia
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Good first cars: 10 Best first cars for Australian drivers
12 best EVs available in Australia