I think my mechanic broke my car
- Mitsubishi Lancer
- Mitsubishi Lancer 2006
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Mitsubishi Lancer Reviews
- Mitsubishi Hatchback Range
- Mitsubishi Wagon Range
- Mitsubishi Sedan Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by Aggie
Firstly, my 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer is in perfect condition with only 130,000 km on the odometer.
Last year I took my car in for the airbag recall at the Mitsubishi service centre. After collecting my car it would not accelerate above 20 km/h and the engine light was on. I returned to the centre and complained. Mitsubishi washed its hands of the situation. Basically, they told me that since I had not serviced my car through them in three years they don’t know what had been to my car.
Mitsubishi blew the on-board computer system, which was costly to replace. I received another recall for the airbag this week, but I’m terrified the same thing will happen. My car is valued at $6000 est. I don’t want to pay another $2000 to fix their costly mistake. What should I do? I’m furious I have to go through this again.
Answered by CarsGuide8 Jun 2018
You should have the recall work done; your car is unsafe and dangerous with the old airbag. Make sure they understand your concerns when you take the car in, and check it closely when you get it back.
I’m guessing they made a mistake when replacing the airbag the last time, I would hope they won’t make the same mistake again.
Other Mitsubishi Lancer problems
- Why is my 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer jumping out of gear?
- How do you access the plenum chamber drain in a 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer?
- Does my 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer sedan run a timing belt or a timing chain?
- What can I do about the metallic red paint on my 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer peeling?
- Should the thermatic fan run constantly in a 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer?
- What is included on the 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer InStyle?
- Mitsubishi Lancer 2010: Are there any known problems?
- Mitsubishi Lancer 2017: At what impact should airbags deploy?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
- Good first cars: 10 Best first cars for...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mitsubishi
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Top five electric SUVs in Australia
Good first cars: 10 Best first cars for Australian drivers
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers