Best used 7 seat SUVs under $30k?
- Toyota Kluger
- Kia Sorento
- Hyundai Santa Fe
- Mazda CX-7
- Kia Sorento 2016
- Hyundai Santa Fe 2016
- Toyota Kluger 2016
- Mazda CX-7 2011
- Hyundai Advice
- Kia Advice
- Mazda Advice
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota Kluger Reviews
- Kia Sorento Reviews
- Hyundai Santa Fe Reviews
- Mazda CX-7 Reviews
- Hyundai SUV Range
- Kia SUV Range
- Mazda SUV Range
- Toyota SUV Range
- Buying tips
- 7 seater
- Family Cars
Asked by Judy Lang
I am looking at a 2011 Mazda CX-7 Luxury Sports that has done around 30,000 km. The one I am looking at is also under $20,000 and the owner simply stopped driving it due to a change of circumstances. It now does the occasional run to and from shops. My concern is the turbo and the timing belts on this model. I have read that the turbo fails due to sludge build up. And there are numerous reports of engine failures beyond repair. I'd like to lean on your experience for advice in this area. With a budget of around $20,000-30,000 what SUV's would you recommend I look at and in terms of secondhand would there be a particular model year to look at? I'm open to any make.
Answered by CarsGuide23 Dec 2016
Sludge build-up is a turbocharger killer, but sludge won't build up if the car is regularly serviced and the oil is changed so it's always fresh. The problem is usually only with cars that haven't been serviced. Other seven-seaters you could look at are the Kia Sorrento, Hyundai Santa Fe, or Toyota Kluger.
Other Mazda CX-7 problems
- Mazda CX7 2010: Transfer case leaking
- Toyota Kluger: What SUV would have less cabin noise?
- Mazda CX-7 2009: How reliable is it?
- Mazda CX-7 2007: When replacing a turbo is the transmission touched at all?
- Nearly new SUVs suitable for families?
- Mazda CX-7 2009: Engine failure
- Mazda CX-7 2007: Unidentified warning light?
- Mazda CX-7 2010: Engine warning lights
Most viewed in Advice
- Everything you need to know about EV motors
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mazda
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Everything you need to know about EV motors
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Cheapest electric car in Australia
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia