Best options for small SUV or hatchback?
- Mazda CX-3
- Mazda 3
- Hyundai i30
- Toyota Corolla
- Mazda 2
- Mazda CX-3 2015
- Mazda 2 2015
- Mazda 3 2015
- Hyundai I30 2015
- Toyota Corolla 2015
- Hyundai Advice
- Mazda Advice
- Toyota Advice
- Mazda CX-3 Reviews
- Mazda 3 Reviews
- Hyundai i30 Reviews
- Toyota Corolla Reviews
- Mazda 2 Reviews
- Hyundai Hatchback Range
- Hyundai SUV Range
- Mazda Hatchback Range
- Mazda SUV Range
- Toyota Hatchback Range
- Toyota SUV Range
- Small Cars
Asked by Kerryn Chapman
I'm looking for a used late model (2015-on) car. I love the Mazda CX-3, but am still unsure whether to go the small SUV or a hatch like I've had most of my life. I'm looking at the CX-3, the Mazda 3, or perhaps a 2, Toyota Corolla or Hyundai i30. I know the CX-3 is more expensive than the others, but the prices of all are ok. There are only 3 of us – one adult and 2 early teens – to transport, so I don't need nor want a big car. Looking for something economical on fuel, good to drive and safe.
Answered by CarsGuide31 Jan 2017
You need to decide on whether you want an SUV or a hatch before you do anything else. The SUV gives you a better view of the road, is practical, and the CX-3 is a good choice, but hatches can also be attractive. I would rule out the Mazda2 in your case, as it would seem to be too small for your needs, but the 3, Corolla and i30 are all good cars that would deliver on the things you want.
Other Mazda CX-3 problems
- What are the pros and cons of a 2018 MG ZS?
- Which SUV should I buy?
- Mazda CX-3: Is it a good family car?
- Mazda CX-3 2015: How reliable is it?
- Mazda CX-3 2018 update?
- Mazda CX-3 won't receive incoming calls
- Wind causing too much noise in 2016 Mazda CX-3
- How does Suzuki Vitara compare to rivals?
Most viewed in Advice
- Everything you need to know about EV motors
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mazda
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Everything you need to know about EV motors
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Cheapest electric car in Australia
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia