Will an engine replacement change the value of my Toyota Kluger 2019?
Asked by Kaye
If the engine is replaced in a Toyota Kluger 2019 after just 13,000km because it is burning oil, is it going to affect the resale price of the vehicle down the track? Can any further damage be caused to other components/parts of the vehicle if it is continued to be driven?
Answered by CarsGuide7 Sep 2020
Having a replacement engine fitted will not damage your car’s resale value. In fact, I think the situation would be quite the opposite. If the vehicle is burning oil to the extent that Toyota wants to replace the engine under warranty, then there’s something not right inside the engine. And trying to sell a vehicle in that condition would be virtually impossible, not to mention that you’d be tearing up dollars because it would be worth a fraction of the same Kluger with a good engine.
Continuing to drive a car that’s burning excess oil can damage the catalytic converter in the exhaust system, so it’s not wise to simply keep topping the oil up; the problem needs to be addressed and fixed permanently.
About the only way a replacement engine will affect resale value is in the case of a classic or collector vehicle where potential buyers want to see a car with its original engine and transmission. With all due respect to the Toyota Kluger, that’s not likely to ever be an issue with your car.
Other Toyota Kluger problems
- Why does my 2019 Toyota Kluger use so much oil?
- Does the 2004 Toyota Kluger Grande have a timing chain or belt?
- What mid-size SUV has the power to tow a small caravan?
- Toyota Kluger 2019: Why are my seats making so much noise?
- Toyota Kluger 2015: Does it have inbuilt GPS?
- What SUV should I buy?
- Will there be a 2020 model of the Toyota Kluger?
- What car should I buy for trailer towing?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Stamp duty for cars explained
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Toyota
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
12 best EVs available in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Stamp duty for cars explained