Why is my 2017 Isuzu MU-X struggling to make power?
Asked by Jay
I've already changed the clutch lining on my 2017 MU-X as I assumed it had a slipping clutch. The power to accelerate up hills improved, but it feels like the engine is having difficulty making more power at high speed and I can hear some unusual sounds from the engine bay whenever I step harder on the throttle. I had my oil changed, and the oil and air filters were also changed. Now I think I spent money for nothing. There is something wrong in the engine I can't figure out. I’d appreciate your input.
Answered by CarsGuide16 Sep 2020
If the new clutch helped the vehicle climb hills, then I dare say that was money well spent. As for noises from the engine under load, I’m afraid that’s a job for somebody on the spot who can listen to the vehicle and make an assessment. The noise could be major internal problems or it could be something as simple as a loose heat shield under the car. Even a loose or worn engine mount can create all sorts of mysterious and expensive-sounding noises and rattles.
Don’t forget, your vehicle came with a five-year factory warranty, so a major failure that is not the result of mis-use or general wear and tear (provided the vehicle has travelled less than 130,000km) is still covered by Isuzu.
Other Isuzu MU-X problems
- What car should I get to tow a 22-foot caravan around Australia?
- Is it worth waiting for the new Isuzu MU-X?
- What does the "check system" error code mean in the Isuzu M-UX?
- Why is the fuel consumption of my 2019 Isuzu MU-X getting worse?
- Isuzu MU-X 2016: Problems after servicing
- What do you recommend for towing a horse trailer and large draft-horse?
- Isuzu MU-X 2018: How much can my car tow?
- Isuzu MU-X 2017: How do I fix broken back seats?