Why is my 2017 Isuzu MU-X struggling to make power?
- Isuzu MU-X
- Isuzu Advice
- Isuzu MU-X Reviews
- Isuzu SUV Range
- Family Cars
- Car Servicing
Asked by Jay
I've already changed the clutch lining on my 2017 MU-X as I assumed it had a slipping clutch. The power to accelerate up hills improved, but it feels like the engine is having difficulty making more power at high speed and I can hear some unusual sounds from the engine bay whenever I step harder on the throttle. I had my oil changed, and the oil and air filters were also changed. Now I think I spent money for nothing. There is something wrong in the engine I can't figure out. I’d appreciate your input.
Answered by CarsGuide16 Sep 2020
If the new clutch helped the vehicle climb hills, then I dare say that was money well spent. As for noises from the engine under load, I’m afraid that’s a job for somebody on the spot who can listen to the vehicle and make an assessment. The noise could be major internal problems or it could be something as simple as a loose heat shield under the car. Even a loose or worn engine mount can create all sorts of mysterious and expensive-sounding noises and rattles.
Don’t forget, your vehicle came with a five-year factory warranty, so a major failure that is not the result of mis-use or general wear and tear (provided the vehicle has travelled less than 130,000km) is still covered by Isuzu.
Other Isuzu MU-X problems
- What does the "check system" error code mean in the Isuzu M-UX?
- Why is the fuel consumption of my 2019 Isuzu MU-X getting worse?
- Isuzu MU-X 2016: Problems after servicing
- What do you recommend for towing a horse trailer and large draft-horse?
- Isuzu MU-X 2018: How much can my car tow?
- Isuzu MU-X 2017: How do I fix broken back seats?
- What SUV should I buy?
- Why is my Isuzu MU-X LST 2016 stalling?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Grey nomad vehicles: five best options to...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Isuzu
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Grey nomad vehicles: five best options to travel Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
12 best EVs available in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers