Why is my 2015 Volkswagen Touareg oversteering?
- Volkswagen Touareg
- Volkswagen Touareg 2015
- Volkswagen Advice
- Volkswagen Touareg Reviews
- Volkswagen SUV Range
Asked by Bree
My 2015 Volkswagen Touareg feel as if it floats on the road, it oversteers on each corner and it has lost the feeling of "being on rails" that it used to have. I have taken it to two local VW dealers (as its still under warranty) and have had both test-drive it. Unremarkably neither of the service crew could "feel" anything (tyre pressures were checked on both occasions) although my partner said he thinks it’s a bit vague and a little unstable I'm not sure what to do with it. It's actually quite tricky to drive now and I’m starting to suspect it's not safe. I have a service booked at the start of the month, but I'm afraid they will tell me they can’t find anything as we are coming to the end of the warranty period therefore it's not in their interest to do much! I would prefer not to have to pay for a suspension specialist to check it when it’s still within warranty, but will if all else fails. Can I ask if anyone else has had a similar issue/ how it was resolved and what tests I should be asking them to do at the service apart from a wheel alignment (which I have already organised with them to do on the day)?
Answered by CarsGuide1 Jun 2018
We haven’t heard of similar problems with the Touareg. The tyres are the obvious starting point. Have you changed them? If so the new tyres could have changed the behaviour of the vehicle. If not, try running the pressures a little higher than VW recommends and see what affect that has. If that doesn’t work, check the shock absorbers to see that they are working correctly, and suspension bushes for wear. As it’s under warranty the dealer should check it for you.
Other Volkswagen Touareg problems
- What do you recommend for towing a horse trailer and large draft-horse?
- Volkswagen Touareg 2007: GVM and GCM
- What car should I buy for $70,000?
- What would be the better SUV between the Volkswagen Touareg, BMW X5 and Toyota Prado?
- Best SUV for towing a caravan?
- Range Rover Sport, Touareg or Grand Cherokee?
- Upgrading to 2012-2014 Touareg 180
- Good large SUV for towing?
Most viewed in Advice
- Who builds batteries for electric cars? EV...
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- The top five fastest electric cars in the...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Volkswagen
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Who builds batteries for electric cars? EV battery manufacturers explained
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
The top five fastest electric cars in the world
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Who invented the first car and when was it made?