Why has the transmission light come on in my 2012 Mazda BT-50?
- Mazda BT-50
- Mazda BT-50 2012
- Mazda Advice
- Mazda BT-50 Reviews
- Mazda Commercial Range
- Mazda Ute Range
Asked by Michael
I have a Mazda BT-50 2012 manual and the transmission light came on, what would cause it to come on?
Answered by CarsGuide14 Oct 2020
I’ve had a flick through the BT-50 owner’s manual (and I suggest you do the same) and all I can find relating to a transmission warning light is a single 'powertrain warning lamp' which suggests something is not right somewhere along the length of the powertrain. Sometimes this light will come on in conjunction with the 'check-engine' light and it indicates that either a sensor has failed or there’s an actual problem with the hardware. Beyond that, the light doesn’t offer any suggestions on what might be wrong, but bear in mind that the four-wheel-drive system in this vehicle is electronically operated, so there’s lot of scope for errors.
A scan at a workshop should offer up some answers, but before you do that, just check that you haven’t bumped the rotary four-wheel-drive selector dial and have triggered the system into a mode it doesn’t like being in right now.
Other Mazda BT-50 problems
- Why is my 2015 Mazda BT-50 losing power?
- Is a Mazda BT-50 or Ford Ranger better for touring?
- Are the fifth and sixth gears in my 2016 Mazda BT-50 overdrive gears?
- Why does the transmission in my 2017 Mazda BT-50 take so long to engage?
- Is there an allowable tolerance for the fitment of the aluminium tray on my 2020 Mazda BT-50?
- What is causing the automatic gearbox to clunk in my 2014 Mazda BT-50?
- Why is the clutch making an odd noise in my 2015 Mazda BT-50?
- What could be causing my 2009 Mazda BT-50 to misfire?