Why doesn't the radio work in my 2016 Isuzu D-Max?
- Isuzu D-Max
- Isuzu D-Max 2016
- Isuzu Advice
- Isuzu D-Max Reviews
- Isuzu Commercial Range
- Isuzu Ute Range
Asked by Gary
I blew the main fuse on my 2016 Isuzu D-Max. I fixed it, but now the radio doesn't work, so I pulled that out but can't find a fuse on it. Is there one or is the radio done?
Answered by CarsGuide24 Sep 2020
Blowing a major fuse suggests that your car has suffered a short-circuit somewhere within its kilometres of wiring. But a modern vehicle like your Isuzu will also have fuses protecting the various systems it needs to operate, so there’s a chance there’s a second fuse that protects the stereo system that has also blown when the problem occurred. Your owner’s manual should be able to identify the locations of the car’s various fuses. Don’t forget to replace them with a fuse of the correct amperage or you could cause more damage if the fuse ever needs to act as a circuit-breaker again (which is exactly the fuse’s role).
The other possibility is that the stereo unit itself has an internal fuse. Check around the rear of the unit (usually where the wiring for the speakers exits the stereo) and you might be able to locate the fuse in question. This is often the case in aftermarket stereo systems.
Other Isuzu D-Max problems
- Why wont the RPM of my 2015 Isuzu D-Max go higher than 2500?
- Is the Ford Ranger, Isuzu D-Max or VW Amarok best for towing a 2.8 tonne caravan?
- Mitsubishi Triton 2016 or Isuzu D-Max 2015: Which one should I buy?
- What is the fuel economy like in the 2020 Isuzu D-Max?
- What car should I buy?
- Isuzu D-Max 2020: Updates
- What do you recommend for towing a horse trailer and large draft-horse?
- Isuzu D-Max 2010: Do the front wheel bearings need repacking every 30,000 kms?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- When to use low range in your 4x4
- Best small cars under $20,000
- What's the difference between diesel and...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Isuzu
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
12 best EVs available in Australia
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
When to use low range in your 4x4
Best small cars under $20,000
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?