Why do all the warning lights on my 2007 Holden Captiva turn on?
Asked by Michelle
I own a 2007 Holden Captiva (diesel) and I have major instrumentation issues where as I have multiple warning lights coming on intermittently all at once. At the present moment I have ABS, DCS, AWD, ESP OFF, ESP ACTIVE, PARK ASSIST all showing whilst driving. I have taken car to Holden and they can't find problem, they have done a diagnostic check and it shows no faults. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.
Answered by CarsGuide21 Apr 2021
The Holden Captiva has a terrible reputation in this department, and plenty of owners have had ongoing problems with the electronics in these vehicles which weren’t actually Holdens at all, but rather rebadged Daewoos. It’s a bit of a surprise to learn that a scan of the vehicle doesn’t show up any fault codes, but that also makes us think that perhaps you have a major failure of the vehicle’s body computer which controls all the functions you’re now being warned about on the dashboard. And if the body computer itself is in the process of failing, then it may not respond to the scanning process in a logical manner.
That said, the problem could be caused by something as simple as a poor earth in the car’s electrical circuitry, but experience with the Captiva suggests it will be something more complex and probably more expensive. Don’t rule out a failed electrical connection somewhere in the car’s wiring loom. The catch with the Captiva is that the cost of repairs is often greater than the retained value of the car itself, at which point you’re at an ownership cross-roads. The reality is that your car is probably only worth about $8000 (perhaps less) and a lot less as a trade-in. Spending thousands of dollars to fix it doesn’t add up to too many people.
Other Holden Captiva problems
- How do I get my 2008 Holden Captiva to burn off the Diesel Particulate Filter?
- Why did my 2012 Holden Captiva lose power and go into neutral?
- What major problems has the Holden Captiva had?
- Where can I purchase a new remote central locking system for my 2009 Holden Captiva?
- Should I replace the engine in my 2013 Holden Captiva?
- Why is my diesel 2014 Holden Captiva blowing black smoke?
- Is there a problem with the timing chain in my 2016 Holden Captiva?
- Should I buy a 2009 Holden Captiva?
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Everything you need to know about car sharing...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Holden
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Everything you need to know about car sharing in Australia
12 best EVs available in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia