Which generation Focus can I use to replace a window on a 2016 Ford Focus?
- Ford Focus
- Ford Focus 2016
- Ford Advice
- Ford Focus Reviews
- Ford Hatchback Range
- Ford Sedan Range
Asked by Jimmy
Which generation Focus can I use to find a replacement driver’s side window on a 2016 Ford Focus?
Answered by CarsGuide27 Apr 2021
The Mark 3 Ford Focus was sold here from 2011 until 2018, so, on the surface, pretty much any car from that range should be able to offer up a replacement front window. But it’s not that simple. The rear window could be a bit more specific, because the Focus was available as a four-door sedan and a five-door hatchback, so the rear doors on each of these variants could be different. Other potential incompatibility issues could crop up between the very early version of this car which was built in Germany, and the later version (which you have) which was built in Thailand. There’s another catch in this apparently simple task, too: For the facelift in mid-2015, Ford was chasing greater interior refinement and, to achieve that, switched to thicker side glass. That means you need to find a window from a post-2015 car as the thinner glass of earlier models will probably be incompatible with the rest of the window hardware in your car.
Other Ford Focus problems
- What is the best dog-friendly car?
- Will a 2004 Ford Focus 2.0 manual clutch plate work in a 2009 Ford Focus?
- Where is the fuel filter located in my 2010 Ford Focus?
- Can I use a 2001 Ford Focus motor in my 2002 Ford Focus?
- What octane rating fuel should I be using in my 2014 Ford Focus?
- Can I upgrade the steering wheel for a 2007 Ford Focus to add more controls?
- Would a 2004 Ford Focus sedan windshield fit in 2002 Ford Focus hatchback?
- What is the best small car for under $30000?
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Good first cars: 10 Best first cars for...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Ford
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Good first cars: 10 Best first cars for Australian drivers