Toyota Prado 2016: How to fix problems?
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado Reviews
- Toyota SUV Range
Asked by Meridee
I am planning a trip around Australia on my own in my 2016 Toyota Prado VX. I have zero mechanical knowledge, but I want to learn how and what to check in the engine etc. and how to assess if problems arise and how to temporarily fix simple things, e.g. belts, tubes, bolts etc. Any suggestions?
Answered by CarsGuide19 Oct 2018
Start with the owners manual and familiarise yourself with things like finding and using the jack, changing a tyre, checking the engine oil and coolant in the radiator. I wouldn’t worry too much about making temporary repairs on the trip; there are plenty of mechanics that can help you if you strike trouble. There will also be plenty of other tourists who would be only too happy to help a fellow traveller in trouble. Have your car checked before you leave, so everything is in fine working order when you hit the trail. Make a note of the Toyota dealers along your planned route, and if you are going to remote areas make a note of where you will be able to get fuel, and the mechanics along the way who might be able to help you in an emergency.
Other Toyota Land Cruiser Prado problems
- Why is the media screen on my 2015 Toyota LandCruiser Prado now in Japanese?
- How much is my 2011 Toyota Landcruiser Prado worth?
- Should we replace our Holden Commodore with a Subaru Outback?
- Toyota LandCruiser Prado: What's the difference between the 2018 and 2019 GXL models?
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 2013: Radio problems
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Toyota
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best small cars under $20,000
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers