Toyota Prado 2016: How to fix problems?
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 2016
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado Reviews
- Toyota SUV Range
Asked by Meridee
I am planning a trip around Australia on my own in my 2016 Toyota Prado VX. I have zero mechanical knowledge, but I want to learn how and what to check in the engine etc. and how to assess if problems arise and how to temporarily fix simple things, e.g. belts, tubes, bolts etc. Any suggestions?
Answered by CarsGuide19 Oct 2018
Start with the owners manual and familiarise yourself with things like finding and using the jack, changing a tyre, checking the engine oil and coolant in the radiator. I wouldn’t worry too much about making temporary repairs on the trip; there are plenty of mechanics that can help you if you strike trouble. There will also be plenty of other tourists who would be only too happy to help a fellow traveller in trouble. Have your car checked before you leave, so everything is in fine working order when you hit the trail. Make a note of the Toyota dealers along your planned route, and if you are going to remote areas make a note of where you will be able to get fuel, and the mechanics along the way who might be able to help you in an emergency.
Other Toyota Land Cruiser Prado problems
- Can I replace the master cylinder on my 2000 Toyota Prado with a second-hand one?
- Why is the media screen on my 2015 Toyota LandCruiser Prado now in Japanese?
- How much is my 2011 Toyota Landcruiser Prado worth?
- Should we replace our Holden Commodore with a Subaru Outback?
- Toyota LandCruiser Prado: What's the difference between the 2018 and 2019 GXL models?
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 2013: Radio problems
- 2014 LandCruiser Prado: Wobble in steering wheel.
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 2014: Why is my car using more fuel than usual?
Most viewed in Advice
- Do Australia's lemon laws protect you?
- Cheap good looking cars: 10 best looking...
- ZD30 Patrol: Your guide to the Nissan Patrol...
- The best cars from the Fast and the Furious...
- What demerit points count if you get booked...
- RD28 engine: Your guide to the Nissan Patrol...
- ANCAP safety ratings explained
- How long do demerit points last?
- Is it illegal to drive without a passenger...
- Australian road signs for dummies
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Toyota
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Do Australia's lemon laws protect you?
Cheap good looking cars: 10 best looking affordable vehicles
ZD30 Patrol: Your guide to the Nissan Patrol ZD30 engine
The best cars from the Fast and the Furious franchise
What demerit points count if you get booked in another state?
RD28 engine: Your guide to the Nissan Patrol motor
ANCAP safety ratings explained
How long do demerit points last?
Is it illegal to drive without a passenger side mirror?
Australian road signs for dummies