Subaru XV 2014: Why is my car randomly beeping?
Asked by Kerry
My 2014 Subaru XV beeped at me for no apparent reason when I was going 5km/h, it beeped again at 6km/h. There isn't anything in the manual about any sort of warning beep. Any ideas?
Answered by CarsGuide21 Mar 2020
A lot of cars have warning chimes, buzzers and bells to warn you of all sorts of things you have never even imagined going wrong. The Japanese manufacturers seem especially keen on them.
It could be an actual fault with a door-ajar or seat-belt warning chime or it could be a new habit the sat-nav has picked up. Have you checked the oil level and the level of coolant in the overflow-tank? Plenty of cars will warn you when these items need attention, and, since they’re not everyday events, this could be the first time you’ve experienced them.
Other Subaru XV problems
- What is the height dimension of an open tail gate from ground level to top on a 2021 Subaru XV?
- What small all-wheel drive hatchback should I buy?
- What car should I replace my 2011 Hyundai i20 with?
- Does the 2014 Subaru XV come with a service log book?
- What small or mid-sized SUV should I buy?
- Subaru XV 2014: Engine making unknown noise
- Subaru XV 2014: What grade engine oil should I use?
- Mazda CX-3: Is it a good family car?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- The top five biggest problems with hybrid...
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in...
- Why your ultimate outback adventure vehicle...
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Subaru
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
The top five biggest problems with hybrid cars
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Cheapest electric car in Australia
How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in Australia?
Why your ultimate outback adventure vehicle is not an EV, yet | Opinion
Top five electric SUVs in Australia