Toyota HiLux 2007: Rattling Engine
- Toyota HiLux
- Toyota HiLux 2007
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota HiLux Reviews
- Toyota Commercial Range
- Toyota Ute Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by Henry Mokadsi
My 2007 Toyota Hilux SR5 diesel has the infamous death rattle where my fuel-injectors need to be replaced. The cost for Toyota to do it is $4000. I have always filled my car from BP or Shell. There are so many complaints online, but there is nothing being done by Toyota. How is it that it is not being recalled? Is there someone who can help me with a more current solution to this major problem?
Answered by CarsGuide16 Sep 2016
It doesn't matter what brand of fuel you use, the problem in the fuel-injectors. It's a problem with today's common-rail diesel engines and the injectors used in them. The only solution is to replace them. Phone Toyota's customer assistance people (Ph: 1800 869 682) if you want to pursue the problem.
Other Toyota HiLux problems
- Datsun 720 ute - Were they better than the HiLux?
- Which 4x4 Dual Cab ute should I buy?
- Will Toyota make a 3.3 litre diesel V6 engine in the Fortuner?
- When is the 2021 Toyota HiLux SR5+ being released?
- What is the fuel consumption for a 1999 Toyota Hilux?
- What dual cab 4x4 ute should I buy?
- Can the Toyota HiLux be flat-towed?
- X-Trail or HiLux?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Toyota
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers