Should I buy a 2009 Holden Captiva?
- Holden Captiva
- Holden Captiva 2009
- Holden Advice
- Holden Captiva Reviews
- Holden SUV Range
- Buying tips
Asked by Rhonda
I'm looking at buying a 2009 four-cylinder Holden Captiva 5. I have searched the car for reviews but haven't found much about this make and model. Lots about other Holden Captivas but not the 2009. Is it a good car? Does it have many issues?
Answered by CarsGuide14 Oct 2020
The short answer to your question Rhonda is that the 2009 Captiva was far from a good car. It has experienced lots of reliability and durability problems and, although some will disagree, there are much better choices out there.
The Captiva has been recalled for all manner of problems including (but not limited to) steering issues, braking dramas and electrical gremlins. About the best thing about the 2009 four-cylinder petrol Captiva was that the engine didn’t have the timing chain problems of the V6 model, and the transmission wasn’t as problematic as the later Captiva. But that’s surely damning with faint praise.
The Captiva wasn’t actually a Holden at all; it was built in South Korea by Daewoo, a brand considered to be way behind the quality and engineering of its South Korean counterparts Kia and Hyundai. And it showed.
Other Holden Captiva problems
- Are there any risks or problems buying a 2011 Holden Captiva vehicle?
- Can you change the oil yourself on a 2014 Holden Captiva AWD?
- How do I get my 2008 Holden Captiva to burn off the Diesel Particulate Filter?
- Why did my 2012 Holden Captiva lose power and go into neutral?
- What major problems has the Holden Captiva had?
- Where can I purchase a new remote central locking system for my 2009 Holden Captiva?
- Why do all the warning lights on my 2007 Holden Captiva turn on?
- Should I replace the engine in my 2013 Holden Captiva?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- The top five biggest problems with hybrid...
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in...
- Why your ultimate outback adventure vehicle...
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Holden
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
The top five biggest problems with hybrid cars
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Cheapest electric car in Australia
How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in Australia?
Why your ultimate outback adventure vehicle is not an EV, yet | Opinion
Top five electric SUVs in Australia