Replacing Astina with Mazda 2?
- Mazda CX-3
- Mazda 2
- Mazda 323
- Mazda CX-3 2015
- Mazda 2 2015
- Mazda 323 2003
- Mazda Advice
- Mazda CX-3 Reviews
- Mazda 2 Reviews
- Mazda 323 Reviews
- Mazda Hatchback Range
- Mazda Sedan Range
- Mazda SUV Range
Asked by David Owen
I have been looking for a replacement for my Mazda 323 Astina, the Mazda2 being the size I would like but I am advised that it is unsuitable to tow my box trailer. I assume similar cars would have the same problem. I am single, retired and cars like the Mazda CX-3 and Mazda3 are too bulky, large, and over the top for me. Do you know of anything on the horizon that may interest me?
Answered by CarsGuide4 Dec 2015
The Mazda2 is rated to tow 500kg unbraked or 900kg braked, which would seem sufficient to handle your box trailer, but it depends on the weight of the trailer. Other cars of a similar size are similarly rated, so if you want to tow more than the Mazda2 is rated for you would need a larger car.
Other Mazda CX-3 problems
- What are the pros and cons of a 2018 MG ZS?
- Which SUV should I buy?
- Mazda CX-3: Is it a good family car?
- Mazda CX-3 2015: How reliable is it?
- Mazda CX-3 2018 update?
- Mazda CX-3 won't receive incoming calls
- Wind causing too much noise in 2016 Mazda CX-3
- Best options for small SUV or hatchback?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- How reliable will your new car be?
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mazda
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best small cars under $20,000
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
12 best EVs available in Australia
How reliable will your new car be?