Patchy response to paint job
- Hyundai Veloster
- Hyundai Veloster 2012
- Hyundai Advice
- Hyundai Veloster Reviews
- Hyundai Hatchback Range
- Small Cars
Asked by Halil Topalcik
We took delivery of our Hyundai Veloster in August and almost immediately noticed a large number of paint defects. After an inspection by Hyundai it was confirmed that defects were present. Due to the extent of the defects, I requested a replacement vehicle as I believed it constituted a major failure under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 but the company disagreed and advised that the only remedy it allowed for was for my preferred workshop to provide a quote for the repairs. I provided the quote to rectify all the defects in my vehicle, which was rejected. Hyundai did not agree as to the extent of the defects and the number of panels affected. Following another inspection by the dealer, the manufacturer and their preferred repairer in September, I was advised that a number of the defects that have been highlighted are considered acceptable for ``a mass produced vehicle that has been built to a budget''. I have received advice from independent members of the repair and insurance industry on what they consider is acceptable and the defects in my vehicle are definitely not acceptable by their guidelines. I have sought the assistance of NSW Fair Trading. However it doesn't appear this will be resolved unless it goes to a hearing.
Answered by CarsGuide26 Oct 2012
There are no guidelines on what is acceptable and what is not when it comes to paint quality. If you can't resolve your differences with Hyundai you're really left with nowhere to go but the court.
Other Hyundai Veloster problems
- What car should I replace my 2011 Hyundai i20 with?
- Veloster fuel economy?
- Quality of Veloster as a new car purchase under $30,000?
- Camry vs Veloster - first car?
- Veloster vs A1 vs Polo GTI
- Velostar clutch wearing out quickly?
- Hyundai Veloster good first car?
- Clunking gearbox noise when reversing Veloster
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Cars that start with E
- Cars that start with G
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Hyundai
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Cars that start with E
Cars that start with G