Velostar clutch wearing out quickly?
- Hyundai Veloster
- Hyundai Veloster 2013
- Hyundai Advice
- Hyundai Veloster Reviews
- Hyundai Hatchback Range
- Sports cars
Asked by Lou Marion
Is it normal for a car that is 22 months old with 36,000km on the clock to have the clutch assembly replaced? At a recent routine service by a Hyundai dealer it was found that the clutch pedal on my 2013 Hyundai Veloster was sticking down on the floor. They found that this was being caused by faulty clutch master cylinder. Following this the car had to go back to the same dealership to fix an oil leak from the gearbox. As they had to remove the gearbox to fix the leak they found that the clutch was 75 percent worn out and will need replacement soon. Of course Hyundai reckons that the faulty clutch master cylinder had nothing to do with the issue and has refused to have it repaired under warranty. Hope you can help me.
Answered by CarsGuide27 Feb 2015
Problems with clutches are cropping up on a regular basis these days, certainly more than they did a few years ago. It's hard to say how long a clutch should last today, in the past I would have said that 36,000km is too low, but it's now not unusual to hear of clutches needing replacement at relatively low kays. As yours is still not worn out it might not actually need replacing until 50,000km or more and that would be within the acceptable range. The only way to determine if the wear is abnormal is to inspect it.
Other Hyundai Veloster problems
- What car should I replace my 2011 Hyundai i20 with?
- Veloster fuel economy?
- Quality of Veloster as a new car purchase under $30,000?
- Camry vs Veloster - first car?
- Veloster vs A1 vs Polo GTI
- Hyundai Veloster good first car?
- Clunking gearbox noise when reversing Veloster
- Veloster pinging
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Top five hybrid SUVs in Australia
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in...
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- P plate legal cars in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Hyundai
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Top five hybrid SUVs in Australia
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in Australia?
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
P plate legal cars in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia