Nissan Navara 2011: Servicing under warranty
- Nissan Navara
- Nissan Navara 2011
- Nissan Advice
- Nissan Navara Reviews
- Nissan Commercial Range
- Nissan Ute Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by Chris
I have recently taken out a three-year warranty with National Warranty Company on a 2011 Nissan Navara ST-R (4X4) D 22 MYO8 dual-cab turbo-diesel manual. The servicing requirements under the warranty state the servicing must be performed as per the manufacturer’s guidelines. Given that the vehicle has 214,000 km on the clock and I would be hard pressed to undertake 1000 km within a 3-month period, how often would I have to service the vehicle so as to adhere to the warranty requirements? The warranty has allowed for 12 Service Advice Records to be completed by a "qualified repairer" every 3 months. Is this not excessive? If I fail to adhere to the manufacturer’s guidelines, I run the risk of falling foul of the warranty, thus rendering me incapable of any future claims. Can you advise me?
Answered by CarsGuide22 Feb 2019
The service interval for the Navara is 10,000 km or six months, whichever comes first, which is what I expect you must follow. I assume the Service Advice Records relate to the maximum number of mechanic visits you are covered for within a three-month period, which seems more than generous. If you are in doubt about the provisions of the warranty, call the company and clarify your concerns directly with them.
Other Nissan Navara problems
- Does a 2011 Nissan Navara Turbo have a timing belt or chain warning light?
- How do I take my Nissan Navara out of limp mode?
- How much will it cost to replace the clutch in my 2008 Nissan Navara?
- Does the 2010 Nissan Navara have a timing belt or chain?
- Why has my 2011 Nissan Navara lost most of its engine power?
- Which 4x4 Dual Cab ute should I buy?
- Is the 2007 Nissan Navara a good choice?
- Nissan Navara 2010: Why is the engine light coming on?
Most viewed in Advice
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Cars that start with E
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Nissan
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best small cars under $20,000
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Cars that start with E
Who invented the first car and when was it made?