Mitsubishi Triton 2008: Faulty caliper
- Mitsubishi Triton
- Mitsubishi Triton 2008
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Mitsubishi Triton Reviews
- Mitsubishi Commercial Range
- Mitsubishi Ute Range
- Car Servicing
Asked by Mick Olsen
I was travelling home from work last week in my 2008 ML Mitsubishi Triton 4 x4 and when I applied the brakes it sounded like I needed new brake pads. When I checked I noticed that the casting had snapped around each mounting bolt for the caliper. I have owned this car from new, it has been regularly serviced by a Mitsubishi dealer, has never been involved in an accident and has been well looked after. The car has just come out of warranty and to replace this caliper will set me back around $650 for a new one. I would expect a brake caliper to last the life of the car, so am I being unreasonable to approach Mitsubishi and ask them to cough up some of the replacement cost if not all?
Answered by CarsGuide16 Nov 2012
No I don't think you are being unreasonable, the brake caliper should last for the life of the vehicle.
Other Mitsubishi Triton problems
- What 4WD should I buy for towing?
- What is the towing capacity of the Mitsubishi Triton?
- Why does the speedo in my 2004 Mitsubishi Triton bounce up and down and make a weird noise?
- What can I do about the red paint on my 2016 Mitsubishi Triton fading?
- Are there known problems with 2015 Mitsubishi Triton's intercooler pipes/hoses?
- What is causing my Mitsubishi Triton GLX auto to shudder?
- Mitsubishi Triton 2000: Problems putting it in reverse
- Mitsubishi Triton 2016 or Isuzu D-Max 2015: Which one should I buy?
Most viewed in Advice
- Cars that start with E
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- Cars that start with G
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Cars that start with N
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mitsubishi
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Cars that start with E
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
Cars that start with G
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Cars that start with N