Mitsubishi Triton 2005: Driver floor overheating.
- Mitsubishi Triton
- Mitsubishi Triton 2005
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Mitsubishi Triton Reviews
- Mitsubishi Ute Range
Asked by Andrew
My 2005 Mitsubishi Triton's drivers floor and inside left sidewall (under the gearshift) has been overheating. The problem has been getting worse and is now at the stage where it's almost too hot to drive. It only takes approx. 40 km of urban driving. I've taken it to three mechanics; the engine temp gauge and temp is fine, new synthetic oils were out in the transmission, exhaust pipes were checked, full services and checks are good. Everyone is scratching their head. Mileage is somewhat down and condition occurs quicker if in 4WD conditions. What could the issue be?
Answered by CarsGuide1 Nov 2019
Clearly there’s something under the floor generating the heat. Check things like the exhaust to make sure it’s away from the underbody, check the catalytic convertor to make sure it’s not partly blocked, and check the transmission cooler to see if it’s damaged.
Other Mitsubishi Triton problems
- Why does the speedo in my 2004 Mitsubishi Triton bounce up and down and make a weird noise?
- What can I do about the red paint on my 2016 Mitsubishi Triton fading?
- Are there known problems with 2015 Mitsubishi Triton's intercooler pipes/hoses?
- What is causing my Mitsubishi Triton GLX auto to shudder?
- Mitsubishi Triton 2000: Problems putting it in reverse
- Mitsubishi Triton 2016 or Isuzu D-Max 2015: Which one should I buy?
- Mitsubishi Triton 2008: Central locking issues
- Mitsubishi Triton 1999: What problems should I look out for?
Most viewed in Advice
- Electric car battery recycling explained
- Who builds batteries for electric cars? EV...
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mitsubishi
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Electric car battery recycling explained
Who builds batteries for electric cars? EV battery manufacturers explained
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
12 best EVs available in Australia
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?