Is the Renault Koleos a safe car?
- Renault Koleos
- Renault Koleos 2017
- Renault Advice
- Renault Koleos Reviews
- Renault SUV Range
Asked by Norma
I have been researching the Renault Koleos. I've always considered Renault to be a safe brand, but my research keeps turning up dead-ends when I try to find out about the car’s safety rating. I emailed the website 'how safe is your car' and they said it's ok and would be rated the same as Europe. It has been rated there, but not here, even though it was sold in Australia first. They told me the previous model was 5-star and this one is safe too. But I am worried that if it doesn't get a rating, when I sell it, it might reduce the value of my car. Is the Australian model different from the European car? I thought it would be made in France, but it’s made in Korea, so is the Korean car for Australia of lower safety? The European car has a lot of automatic safety features, but the Australian car only gets these on the top of the range one.
Answered by CarsGuide1 Dec 2017
Every car has to meet the Australian safety standards before it can be sold here. It doesn’t matter whether it’s made in France, Japan, Korea, or Outer Mongolia. If it doesn’t meet our standards it doesn’t get in. It is possible to get the approval to sell here based on testing that has been done overseas, in places such as Europe, which is where the Koleos was tested. There is no reason to fear that the Koleos doesn’t meet our standards, or that it is unsafe in any way.
Other Renault Koleos problems
- Renault Koleos 2018: Is wet carpet a common issue?
- Renault Koleos 2016: How do I reset the clock?
- Renault Koleos 2018: Should I haggle the price down?
- How do I get back my money after a dealer mistake?
- How much should I pay for a 2017 Renault Koleos Zen?
- Why does the driver assists only working intermittently on my 2018 Renault Koleos?
- Can you modify the computer in a '09 Renault Koleos?
- Renault Koleos transmission issues
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Renault
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
12 best EVs available in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?