Renault Koleos 2018: Is wet carpet a common issue?
Asked by Yossi
We have a continuous issue with carpet getting soaking wet on front passenger side on our 2018 Renault Koleos. Is that common?
Answered by CarsGuide4 May 2020
It’s not something I’ve heard of, to be honest, but there are really only a handful of ways to get wet carpet. The first is that the windscreen or side glass is leaking and allowing water in. The other chance is that there’s a rubber bung or seal missing from the floorpan that is allowing water splashed up under the car to dampen the carpet. I’ve even seen worn or damaged door seals allow rainwater to be sucked into a car on the move.
The first thing I’d check would be the condition of the door and window seals and make sure there’s nothing stuck to them. Even a tiny twig or piece of leaf-litter can break the seal and allow water in overnight.
If it’s none of those things, then you have to start looking at possibilities such as a leak from the heater matrix. This is a serious hassle as often the whole dashboard has to be removed to replace the matrix. But your car should still be under factory warranty, so I reckon it’s back to the dealership and an in-depth look at what’s going on. Don’t forget, too, that even though the water is pooling in the passenger’s footwell, it could be entering the car elsewhere.
Other Renault Koleos problems
- Renault Koleos 2016: How do I reset the clock?
- Renault Koleos 2018: Should I haggle the price down?
- How do I get back my money after a dealer mistake?
- How much should I pay for a 2017 Renault Koleos Zen?
- Why does the driver assists only working intermittently on my 2018 Renault Koleos?
- Can you modify the computer in a '09 Renault Koleos?
- Renault Koleos transmission issues
- Is it normal to pay $4000 for a clutch replacement?
Most viewed in Advice
- Everything you need to know about BYD cars
- Five best small cars in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- The history of old Holden cars in Australia
- Top five hybrid SUVs in Australia
- The top five biggest problems with electric...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Renault
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Everything you need to know about BYD cars
Five best small cars in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
The history of old Holden cars in Australia
Top five hybrid SUVs in Australia
The top five biggest problems with electric cars
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing