Renault Koleos 2018: Is wet carpet a common issue?
- Renault Koleos
- Renault Koleos 2018
- Renault Advice
- Renault Koleos Reviews
- Renault SUV Range
Asked by Yossi
We have a continuous issue with carpet getting soaking wet on front passenger side on our 2018 Renault Koleos. Is that common?
Answered by CarsGuide4 May 2020
It’s not something I’ve heard of, to be honest, but there are really only a handful of ways to get wet carpet. The first is that the windscreen or side glass is leaking and allowing water in. The other chance is that there’s a rubber bung or seal missing from the floorpan that is allowing water splashed up under the car to dampen the carpet. I’ve even seen worn or damaged door seals allow rainwater to be sucked into a car on the move.
The first thing I’d check would be the condition of the door and window seals and make sure there’s nothing stuck to them. Even a tiny twig or piece of leaf-litter can break the seal and allow water in overnight.
If it’s none of those things, then you have to start looking at possibilities such as a leak from the heater matrix. This is a serious hassle as often the whole dashboard has to be removed to replace the matrix. But your car should still be under factory warranty, so I reckon it’s back to the dealership and an in-depth look at what’s going on. Don’t forget, too, that even though the water is pooling in the passenger’s footwell, it could be entering the car elsewhere.
Other Renault Koleos problems
- Renault Koleos 2016: How do I reset the clock?
- Renault Koleos 2018: Should I haggle the price down?
- How do I get back my money after a dealer mistake?
- How much should I pay for a 2017 Renault Koleos Zen?
- Why does the driver assists only working intermittently on my 2018 Renault Koleos?
- Can you modify the computer in a '09 Renault Koleos?
- Renault Koleos transmission issues
- Is it normal to pay $4000 for a clutch replacement?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Cars that start with G
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Renault
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Cars that start with G