Nissan X-Trail: Overspeed light
- Nissan X-Trail
- Nissan X-Trail 2016
- Nissan Advice
- Nissan X-Trail Reviews
- Nissan SUV Range
- Family Cars
Asked by Steven Wall
The over-speed warning on my 2016 Nissan X-Trail does not activate until the speedo (analogue dial and digital readout) shows 10 km/h over the posted speed limit.
The only adjustments available through the driver-options in the navigations system are to increase the margin – up to a further 10 km/h (i.e. the speedo would then be reading local limit plus 20 km/h).
Have had a firmware update but it did not correct it. Since the firmware update and a new version of the maps software were installed, the only time at which the local speed limit shows up on the on-screen map is when the speedo is telling me that I am 10 km/h over the local limit.
Am I reasonable to expect a speed alert system that activates when the speedo reads that I have just reached the local limit (notwithstanding allowable errors in the speedo calibration)?
The original selling dealer performed the firmware and maps software updates and has informed me that Nissan Australia say it is "normal operation" and it cannot be corrected.
I have an open technical enquiry with Nissan that has not been answered to this point.
Should I also expect that the maps software to always show the local speed limit?
Answered by CarsGuide20 Mar 2017
I would expect the local speed limit to be shown.
The over-speed warning appears to be set with a margin so it doesn't go off when you're driving on the limit when it would probably annoy you.
Other Nissan X-Trail problems
- Why is my 2012 Nissan X-Trail using a lot of oil?
- What caused my 2006 Nissan X-Trail to overheat and lose compression?
- What is the best family SUV for around $20000?
- What model X-Trail or Forester should I buy for less than $19000
- Why do I have to pump the clutch in my 2003 Nissan X-Trail?
- Nissan X-Trail 2016: What is the approximate trade-in value?
- Nissan X-Trail 2014: Shuddering when accelerating.
- Nissan X-Trail 2010: Steering binds
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Nissan
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
12 best EVs available in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?