Is accidental damage covered by warranty?
- Renault Koleos
- Renault Koleos 2016
- Renault Advice
- Renault Koleos Reviews
- Renault SUV Range
- Family Cars
Asked by G. Neeraj
My 2016 Renault Koleos Intens recently started displaying a sensor problem on the dashboard. We got it checked by a local dealer, not the seller, who told us that one of the front sensors has been damaged by either another car or by kicking by a shoe. There is small dent on one of the front sensors but there is no scratch mark anywhere around it. There has been no accident or hit on the front part either. How did this sensor get damaged? And how it is affecting the rear sensors? Who should cover it? The warranty on it is for five years. I am disappointed with their response.
Answered by CarsGuide31 Mar 2017
Only you can know how the sensor was damaged. If a car had reversed into it you should be able to see some other damage in the area around the sensor, but there might not be any other damage visible if it was knocked or kicked as the dealer has suggested. The new car warranty doesn't cover accidental damage like that you car has sustained, and I'm not surprised Renault has refused to cover the cost of repairs.
Other Renault Koleos problems
- Renault Koleos 2018: Is wet carpet a common issue?
- Renault Koleos 2016: How do I reset the clock?
- Renault Koleos 2018: Should I haggle the price down?
- How do I get back my money after a dealer mistake?
- How much should I pay for a 2017 Renault Koleos Zen?
- Why does the driver assists only working intermittently on my 2018 Renault Koleos?
- Can you modify the computer in a '09 Renault Koleos?
- Renault Koleos transmission issues
Most viewed in Advice
- How do electric cars work?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Renault
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
How do electric cars work?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?