Hyundai Tucson 2016: Does this model have dual-clutch transmission issues?
- Hyundai Tucson
- Hyundai Tucson 2017
- Hyundai Advice
- Hyundai Tucson Reviews
- Hyundai SUV Range
- Family Cars
Asked by Dom
We are looking for a family SUV and like the look of a Hyundai Tucson. Our budget has us looking at a 2016/2017 model, but I have read that this model has a DCT, which causes issues in traffic? Does this year come only with DCT, and how much will this have an effect on inner city driving?
Answered by CarsGuide28 Jun 2019
The AWD versions have 7-speed dual-clutch transmissions, the FWD ones have 6-speed automatics, and there is a manual gearbox option. I don’t see any reason for the dual-clutch transmission to have issues in traffic; it won’t have any adverse impact on inner city driving.
Other Hyundai Tucson problems
- Which small SUV should I buy to replace my Hyundai Tucson?
- Should the the timing seal/crankshaft seal of my new 2019 Hyundai Tucson need replacing at the first service?
- What trim level is my 2019 Hyundai Tucson?
- Hyundai Tucson 2015: Problems with multimedia screen
- Hyundai Tucson 2006: Engine stopping
- Hyundai Tucson 2015: Why am I having so many issues?
- Mazda CX-5 or Hyundai Tucson: Which has better fuel consumption?
- Hyundai Tucson 2008: Alarm going off
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
- Torque converter, CVT, dual or single clutch...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Hyundai
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Top 10 SUVs in Australia: The definitive list
Torque converter, CVT, dual or single clutch autos, what's the difference?
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
12 best EVs available in Australia