Hyundai i30 2011: Why is my car stalling?
- Hyundai i30
- Hyundai I30 2011
- Hyundai Advice
- Hyundai i30 Reviews
- Hyundai Hatchback Range
- Small Cars
Asked by Eryn
I have a 2011 Hyundai i30. I was stopped at the lights and all the lights on my dashboard came on. Then my car stalled (it's an auto). It took two attempts to get it started again. Then as I was driving it off the road, I noticed the speedo and rev-counter weren't moving. I pulled over and turned my car off. I left it for a minute then turned it back on and it seemed fine.
I had the RACV come out but no fault was found. Then it happened again next time I drove it. It took two weeks to get into the dealer who had it for eight days but nothing happened for them. I got it back today. Same issue three times driving home. And now the car shudders and makes an odd sound.
I don't know what to do next. They want it back to look again. I'm terrified to drive it so getting it towed back. Do you have any suggestions?
Answered by CarsGuide28 Mar 2020
This sounds awfully like a sensor problem of some sort. Electronic sensors really do control every aspect of a modern car, from the engine to the dashboard and everything in between. So, it’s conceivable that your problem is the fault of a single sensor that is throwing multiple things out of kilter and causing the problems.
But why the engine and dashboard at the same time? Because a car’s computer will often take its cues from a variety of sources. Without a properly functioning dashboard (and the information on road-speed the speedometer supplies to the computer) some engines won’t even run at all. The rough running and hard starting could be another symptom of this.
But don’t rule out something simple like a battery or charging system that is not pulling its weight. Low battery voltage can do strange and random things to a modern, electronically-controlled car.
Other Hyundai i30 problems
- Why is it hard to star my Hyundai i30?
- Hyundai i35 - Did this model ever exist?
- Should I buy a 2013 Hyundai i30?
- Why is my 2020 Hyundai i30 misfiring?
- Does my 2012 Hyundai i30 petrol need a timing belt change at 100,000km?
- Is there a radiation problem in 2016 Hyundai i30s?
- Hyundai i30 Bluetooth: How to Use Bluetooth in a Hyundai i30?
- Does the 2.0-litre engine in a 2012 Hyundai i30 have a timing belt or chain?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Cars that start with G
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Hyundai
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Cars that start with G