How to remove Mazda 3 grill?
- Mazda 3
- Mazda 3 2018
- Mazda Advice
- Mazda 3 Reviews
- Mazda Hatchback Range
- Mazda Sedan Range
- Small Cars
Asked by Steven
How to remove Mazda 3 grill?
Answered by CarsGuide10 Aug 2018
The grille is integrated to the bumper bar on Mazda's volume-selling small car, but is still fairly easy to remove. Open the bonnet (hood) and remove the plastic trim piece behind the front bumper, in front of the radiator and intake. You will have to remove two fasteners holding the edge of the air intake down, along with pop-up clips across the panel. Remove the 10 bolts holding the splash guards to the bumper under the front edge of the car. There are 3 on the left, 3 on the right, and 4 across the front, then you can pop out the lip of the centre panel which rests on the inner edge of the bumper as there are 2 more fasteners hidden behind that lip. Pop out the fasteners holding each side of the front of the inner guards to the bumper, and then remove the 8mm bolt hidden behind the inner guards holding the bumper to the metal front guard panel on both sides. Pop the bumper out of its clips by levering the edges of the bumper out first, then tugging on the grille to pull the bumper out. Disconnect turn signals and driving lights and the bumper is ready to come out. The grille can then be unscrewed from the bumper shell.
Other Mazda 3 problems
- Can you advise whether the Mazda 3 has a timing belt or a timing chain?
- What are the safety issues of the 2011 Mazda 3?
- What should I replace my 2015 Mazda 3 Maxx Hatch with?
- Mazda 4 - A bigger hatchback than the 3?
- Mazda MX3 - What ever happened to the Eunos 30X?
- Mazda 9 - Will we ever see a successor to the 929?
- Which is better: 2014 Mazda 3 Astina or 2016 Mazda 3 SP25?
- What is the best small car for under $30000?
Most viewed in Advice
- Michael Schumacher: 14 things you didn't know...
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Best small cars under $20,000
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mazda
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Michael Schumacher: 14 things you didn't know about the seven-time F1 drivers champion
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
12 best EVs available in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000