Browse over 9,000 car reviews

Sorry, there are no cars that match your search


How to register a vehicle bought interstate?

I am in Victoria and looking at an ex-demo Mini Clubman being sold by a dealer in NSW. Could you tell me what I would need to do with the car if I were to have it transported? I am not sure how much stamp duty is in Victoria and what other costs would be involved?

To register the vehicle in Victoria you will need to get a roadworthy certificate, pay a transfer fee of $38.50, and pay duty. The duty is based on the market value of the car, and is calculated at $8.40 per $200 of that market value.