Holden Commodore 2005: Faulty airbag not under warranty?
- Holden Commodore
- Holden Commodore 2005
- Holden Advice
- Holden Commodore Reviews
- Holden Wagon Range
Asked by Sean
When the SRS warning light on my 2005 Holden VZ SV6 recently came on I took it to a dealership, and the driver's airbag and clock spring needed to be replaced at a cost just under $1000. I asked Holden if they would assist with the cost due to the age of the vehicle, but was told that because the warranty had lapsed some years ago and also because it hasn't been serviced by a Holden dealership for four years there was nothing they would do. The car has done 115,000 km and has been serviced to the book by a reputable service centre, do you think it is reasonable that an airbag assembly only lasts seven years?
Answered by CarsGuide22 Feb 2013
It is unusual that the airbag required replacing so soon, but the car is going on for eight years old and, as Holden said, the warranty expired some time ago. Where it was serviced wouldn't have had any influence on the failure, what Holden was telling you was that because you hadn't had it serviced at one of their dealers they would not consider a goodwill payment.
Other Holden Commodore problems
- Mazda 8 - Could Mazda build a Commodore or Statesman-sized sedan?
- What transmission box do I have in my 2007 Holden Commodore VE?
- What oil goes into a 1998 Holden Commodore?
- Why is my 2005 Holden Commodore overheating?
- Will a column-shift auto from a 1999 Holden Commodore ute fit into a 1996 model?
- What type of differential is fitted to the 2001 Holden Commodore?
- Holden Commodore 2010: Does this model suffer from the timing chain issue?
- Should we replace our Holden Commodore with a Subaru Outback?
Most viewed in Advice
- Who builds batteries for electric cars? EV...
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- The top five fastest electric cars in the...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Holden
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
Who builds batteries for electric cars? EV battery manufacturers explained
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Can my car use E10 ethanol fuel?
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
The top five fastest electric cars in the world
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Who invented the first car and when was it made?