Great Wall V240 2010: Why won't my engine start?
- Great Wall V240
- Great Wall V240 2010
- Great Wall Advice
- Great Wall V240 Reviews
- Great Wall Ute Range
- Great Wall
Asked by Maria
My 2010 Great Wall V240 was going great until last month when it broke down on the road and the engine wouldn't start. I left the car parked on the side of the road for 4 to 6 hours and went back to it and the engine started again. I took it to a mechanic and they said it was the starter motor, so I had that fixed. The same day I was driving home from the mechanic and it broke down again and wasn't able to start engine. So again left the car on the side of the road until the next morning I went to pick it up and it started fine. This time I took to another mechanic who used his computer and found that some fuses were exploded so he had them fixed. It was running good for two weeks and then the problem happened again. Sometimes the engine doesn't start but the light, and radio still works, but the engine is not running. What could the problem be?
Answered by CarsGuide1 Nov 2019
It could be that the engine is getting hot, and leaving it for a period gives it time to cool down. Have the cooling system, thermostat, electric fan all checked. It might be worthwhile having a compression test done to see if it’s leaking head gasket.
Other Great Wall V240 problems
- Great Wall V240: Engine won't start
- Great Wall dealer not honouring warranty?
- Great Wall quality problems
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who builds batteries for electric cars? EV...
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- 12 best EVs available in Australia
- Australia's Top 6 Pop Top Camper Trailers
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Great Wall
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who builds batteries for electric cars? EV battery manufacturers explained
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
12 best EVs available in Australia
Australia's Top 6 Pop Top Camper Trailers