Ford Escape 2012: Coolant and brake fluid replacement
Asked by Julie Sutton
I recently had my Ford Escape in for a 50,000km service at my local dealership. I was told I needed to have the coolant and brake fluid replaced for $280. Is this necessary? I am the original owner of the car and I don't drive it on long distances, only locally to and from work.
Answered by CarsGuide5 Oct 2015
If it's not on the service schedule, in the owner's manual, then it's not necessary. Lots of dealers are trying to fluff-up on their servicing to improve their profits, including replacing the likes of coolant and brake fluid at inflated prices.
Other Ford Escape problems
- How do I know if it's worth replacing the transmission in my 2008 Ford Escape?
- Should I buy a plug-in hybrid or an electric car?
- Ford Escape: replacement key cost
- Ford Escape 2006: Can sudden acceleration damage the alternator?
- Ford Escape 2018: Is it good in the snow?
- Changing oil on a Ford Escape
- How do you remove a radio from a Ford Escape?
- Ford Escape 2018: How do you open the hood?