The pros and cons of being a one-car family
Australia is a country that embraces car ownership. It's a rite of passage, and...
Looking for gifts for the family this Christmas? We’ve scouted high and low to bring you the very best in family car-themed presents. Better start that letter to Santa.
1. Trust Mini to bring us cabin luggage with silent wheels.
The frequent flyer in your family will appreciate this high-quality carry-on with a combination lock and two-way water-resistant zipper. $209 from Mini dealerships.
2. We’re not sure who will enjoy this more - you or your child! The mini McLaren 570S Push Sports Car is the perfect push mobile for toddlers who like to be on the move (ie. all of them).
Don’t you try and get in it though. $79.99 from www.step2.com.
3. For a more serious driving experience for little ones (18months +), look no further than the Bobby Benz AMG GT S from Mercedes Benz.
It’s got ergonomic seat position, precision double-pivot steering and actual working headlights. Plus you get to build it, double present right there. $330 from Mercedes Benz dealerships.
4. Stop all the searching for bottle openers at barbecues with this Landrover Heritage bottle opener key ring.
And if you don’t have a Landie? This’ll do just fine. $37 at https://landrover-merchandise.com.au/
5. Newborn in the family? You can’t go past a Jaguar Heritage Teddy Bear.
Just like a regular teddy bear, but super cute and way cooler with a Jaguar logo on the ribbon. $54 at https://jaguar-merchandise.com.au/
6. A thermos has always been a bit daggy. Until now.
This BMW thermos comes in sleek, matte black with M lettering and will keep your tea piping hot. $39 from BMW dealerships. https://www.bmw.com.au/offers-and-services/bmw-lifestyle.
7. For the car-lovers in the family, a remote controlled miniature BMW M4 coupe with working headlights and tail-lights, plus omnidirectional steering.
$109 from BMW dealerships. https://www.bmw.com.au/offers-and-services/bmw-lifestyle.
8. For the person who has everything: a made-to-order office chair that is produced to the same specs as the seats in a Porsche.
Choose from over 100 colour combinations and be seated in total comfort every day. $8995 from here.
9. The kids will love an iPad holder to fit on the back of the front seats, so they can watch a movie in peace. And you will love the peace.
Great for road trips these holidays. $20.45 from here.
10. Snuggle up on long drives with a travel blanket like this tri-toned throw, that will match with any car interior.
$169 from Country Road.
Picked up any family-focused car-lover gifts this year? Tell us about it in the comments below.