X-Trail or HiLux?
- Toyota HiLux
- Nissan X-Trail
- Nissan Advice
- Toyota Advice
- Toyota HiLux Reviews
- Nissan X-Trail Reviews
- Nissan SUV Range
- Nissan Ute Range
- Toyota SUV Range
- Toyota Ute Range
- Buying tips
Asked by Edmond
I'm looking at upgrading my 2016 Nissan X-Trail to gain more off-road ability, more carrying space etc. I'm worried about stories of high fuel consumption and power loss. I'm also considering a Hilux. Budget is +/- $30,000. Should I avoid the X-Trail and go Hilux for lower km and newer?
Answered by CarsGuide22 Nov 2019
The Hilux 4WD would give you better offroad ability and more load carrying capacity, and shouldn’t suffer on the fuel consumption or power fronts, but your budget would dictate an earlier model in the region of 2014.
Other Toyota HiLux problems
- Datsun 720 ute - Were they better than the HiLux?
- Which 4x4 Dual Cab ute should I buy?
- Will Toyota make a 3.3 litre diesel V6 engine in the Fortuner?
- When is the 2021 Toyota HiLux SR5+ being released?
- What is the fuel consumption for a 1999 Toyota Hilux?
- What dual cab 4x4 ute should I buy?
- Can the Toyota HiLux be flat-towed?
- Toyota HiLux: How do I check if the chassis is bent?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- Best small cars under $20,000
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Toyota
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
Best small cars under $20,000
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers