Why does my 2016 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport cut out when idling at lights?
- Mitsubishi Pajero Sport
- Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2016
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Reviews
- Mitsubishi People mover Range
- Mitsubishi SUV Range
- People mover
- 7 seater
- Family Car
- Car Servicing
Asked by Steve
My 2016 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport just had its 90,000km service and since then it cuts out when idling at lights and driving slowly through roundabouts. What could be going on?
Answered by CarsGuide16 Dec 2020
This type of problem can have any number of causes. The best option is to have the car scanned electronically to see what fault codes have been logged by the on-board computer.
You could be looking at a fuel issue, something purely mechanical (like the idle-speed set too low) a blocked air-filter, a computer issue or any number of sensors that are not playing ball. But until you interpret the fault codes, you’ll be flying blind and potentially replacing things that aren’t the cause of the stalling problem.
I’d certainly be taking the vehicle back to the workshop that serviced it and pointing out that the problem only occurred after they'd 'fixed' it.
Other Mitsubishi Pajero Sport problems
- Is something wrong with the acceleration in my 2016 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport?
- What four-wheel-drive should I buy?
- Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2019: The steering wheel column disconnected into two parts
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2018: Should I use manual mode while towing?
- What towing vehicle should I buy?
- Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2018: When are we likely to see an update?
- Pajero Sport vs Prado diesel - which is better?
- Best family SUV that can tow?