Why does my 2016 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport cut out when idling at lights?
- Mitsubishi Pajero Sport
- Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2016
- Mitsubishi Advice
- Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Reviews
- Mitsubishi People mover Range
- Mitsubishi SUV Range
- 7 seater
- Family Car
- Car Servicing
Asked by Steve
My 2016 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport just had its 90,000km service and since then it cuts out when idling at lights and driving slowly through roundabouts. What could be going on?
Answered by CarsGuide16 Dec 2020
This type of problem can have any number of causes. The best option is to have the car scanned electronically to see what fault codes have been logged by the on-board computer.
You could be looking at a fuel issue, something purely mechanical (like the idle-speed set too low) a blocked air-filter, a computer issue or any number of sensors that are not playing ball. But until you interpret the fault codes, you’ll be flying blind and potentially replacing things that aren’t the cause of the stalling problem.
I’d certainly be taking the vehicle back to the workshop that serviced it and pointing out that the problem only occurred after they'd 'fixed' it.
Other Mitsubishi Pajero Sport problems
- What's the better buy, Pajero Sport Exceed or Toyota Fortuner Crusade?
- Is something wrong with the acceleration in my 2016 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport?
- What four-wheel-drive should I buy?
- Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2019: The steering wheel column disconnected into two parts
- Mitsubishi Pajero 2018: Should I use manual mode while towing?
- What towing vehicle should I buy?
- Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2018: When are we likely to see an update?
- Pajero Sport vs Prado diesel - which is better?
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- Cheapest electric car in Australia
- The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
- Top five electric SUVs in Australia
- How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in...
- The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
- Plug-in hybrids explained: Everything you...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Mitsubishi
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
Cheapest electric car in Australia
The top 10 fully electric cars in Australia
Top five electric SUVs in Australia
How much does it cost to charge a Tesla in Australia?
The ten cheapest hybrid cars in Australia
Plug-in hybrids explained: Everything you need to know about PHEVs in Australia
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures