Subaru Impreza 2011: What is the optimal tyre pressure?
- Subaru Impreza
- Subaru Impreza 2011
- Subaru Advice
- Subaru Impreza Reviews
- Subaru Hatchback Range
- Subaru Sedan Range
Asked by Jack Discombe
When I recently had four new Yokohama 205/55ZR16 91W A Drive R1 tyres fitted to my Subaru Impreza the tyre man filled the tyres with "nitrogen" and inflated them to 35 psi. The recommended pressure is 32, but he said the increased pressure puts more tyre on the road for better wear and will not need to be pressure checked for 66 months. Is this okay?
Answered by CarsGuide15 Dec 2011
The tyre man has fed you a line of BS. The is some advantage in running nitrogen in a race car that is operating under extreme duress on the race track where it would be a more stable gas and maintain the pressure better, but there's no advantage of running nitrogen in a road car. I bet he charged you for the gas as well. It might not drop as fast, but the pressure will drop just like it would if you used air, so you still need to check the inflation pressure regularly.
Other Subaru Impreza problems
- What small all-wheel drive hatchback should I buy?
- Subaru Impreza 2008: Good price range
- What car should I buy?
- Subaru Impreza 2017: What's a good replacement?
- What is the cheapest Subaru?
- Subaru Impreza 2011: Fitting out exhaust, custom lights and body kit
- Subaru Impreza 2010: Can the RS fit a Holden LS1 engine?
- Subaru Impreza 2017: Window suddenly shattered
Most viewed in Advice
- 10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
- Best small cars under $20,000
- Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
- 10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
- 10 of the most reliable used cars in...
- Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
- Who invented the first car and when was it...
- What's the difference between diesel and...
- Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM,...
- How to find the owner of a car in Australia?
Search from Over 8,000 questions Over 8,000 questions answered by CarsGuide
Complete Guide to Subaru
Reviews, price, specs and more
Most viewed in advice
10 best hybrid vehicles in Australia
Best small cars under $20,000
Best 10 Vehicles for Towing
10 cheapest new cars for sale in Australia
10 of the most reliable used cars in Australia
Top 7 Australian-made camper trailers
Who invented the first car and when was it made?
What's the difference between diesel and petrol cars?
Vehicle weights explained | tare, kerb, GVM, payload and trailer figures
How to find the owner of a car in Australia?